Thank you for taking a moment to learn about us. Wingedkey.com and North Star By Far, LLC. is a woman owned small business.
The idea of device management is a result of Cari’s experience as a professional educator, teaching world language, visual arts and English as a second language.
Teaching using non-traditional and creative methods has always been a daily goal. After 30 years of teaching, she has seen many trends come and go. Within those 30 years, she has seen how learning styles and attention spans have adjusted.
Current classroom challenges to consider:
- Are students distracted by their cell phone, tablets and smart watches? Yes.
- Are students distracted by their peers using devices in class? Yes, and it has resulted in lower test grades for both groups of students, those using their smart phones and those who have peers using their phones.
- Are instructors, teachers and speakers distracted by students using devices during class time? Yes.
- Is test material being posted without permission online, compromising student assessments and achievement? Yes.
- Do students believe they can listen to music with earbuds and also fully understand the class content being presented? Yes.
- Can students cheat by having content material loaded onto their devices and use during testing? Yes.
- Can students cheat by using sites to translate script into the target languages students are studying? Yes.
- Can students harass classmates by recording and posting their presentations, dialogues and student work which is their own intellectual property? Yes.
Cari cares about the future of teaching and learning. She is concerned about those newly entering the profession. One of her personal goals is to help solve problems which educators face both inside and outside of the classroom.
Winged Key’s development of “The Cell” and “In-Sight” for mobile phone management is a result of her passion for and desire to solve one of the problems in the classroom, families, events and various organizations which are experiencing focus issues.